Monday, June 29, 2009

An Update...

At work, when someone is asked how they are doing, the response is often "Just living the dream, baby!" The response is usually sarcastic as alarms and bells and the phone ring, noxious smells fly by, etc etc. But it's actually very true for me right now: I have always always wanted to go to nursing school and now I'm doing it!
Last semester was pretty cushioned as I cut down my work hours and had very easy classes. This semester my hours at work doubled and class is much harder. I'm actually acting like a nurse--giving medications, starting IVs, doing assessments. (That's right, you should all stay out of the Tucson hospitals for a while!) I feel like I did when I was 4 years old tromping around in my mom's high-heels. But I love it! I learn so much each day and feel my goal becoming a reality.
As for the rest of my life, it really doesn't exist, so that's that. Just kidding--I am having a blast with my new baby (my road bike), my beehives, and occasional visits from Spencer :) He is studying really hard right now, but we have a great time making the most of his/my breaks.
In a nutshell, we are living the dream! And blessing the person who invented air conditioning...

2 comments:

NanaH said...

Don't forget to eat now and then! We miss seeing you and Spencer. When you want/get a break come out to see us!

Melissa Markham said...

Your blog is awesome! I was just catching up on your old posts and thoroughly enjoyed it! Thanks, especially, to Spencer for not making us a cake while we were visiting! Love you guys. Melba