Saturday, June 12, 2010
Rick Reilly recently published a book about the dumbest sports on earth. One of those sports is a sauna competition where men sit in 145 degrees Farenheit to outlast each other. Another involves chess and boxing combined. Brains or brauns? I wonder if old rickety would have placed mud boggs in his book. If he did I'm guessing he would have included the following thoughts:
1) You know it's going to be a fun day when beer sells more than water in 100 degrees.
2) The most important player in the game is not even in the game (the tractor)
3) For 10,000$ of upgrades and months of preparation, you get twenty seconds to shine before you're stuck for twenty years of loan repayments.
4) The one truck to make it through was a chevy...not a ford. Must have been a ford engine
5) Since we were only drinking water, we could only stay half the event...not enough beer to stay hydrated.
6) Don't ever wear a polo to a mud bog, you'll get the stare down.